Name and contact details of the data controller
This data protection information applies to data processing represented by James Leslie Keedy.
Eislebener Str. 20
Telephone: +49 (0) 421 3032743
Collection and storage of personal data as well as the type and purpose of their use
- a) When visiting the website
When you access our website www.jlkeedy.net, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art.6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit.f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you have expressly consented in accordance with Art.6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit.a GDPR, we will use your email address to regularly send you our newsletter. To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide an email address.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your request to unsubscribe at any time by email to email@example.com.
c) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using a form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid email address so that we know who the request came from and in order to be able to answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art.6 Para.1 S.1 lit.a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent.
The personal data we collect when using the contact form will be automatically deleted after the request you have submitted has been processed.
Sharing of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only share your personal information with third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art.6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit.a GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary in accordance with Art.6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit.f of the GDPR to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for the transfer in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter c GDPR, as well as
- this is legally permissible and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter b of the GDPR.
The cookie stores information that arises in connection with the specific end device used. However, this does not mean that we receive direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, to optimize user-friendliness, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specific period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it will automatically be recognized that you have already been with us and what entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the purposes mentioned to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f of the GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, completely deactivating cookies may mean that you cannot use all functions of our website.
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f of the GDPR. With the tracking measures we use, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the ongoing optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offering for you. These interests are to be viewed as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
For the purpose of needs-based design and ongoing optimization of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; in (hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymized usage profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of server request,
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website and internet use for the purposes of market research and the needs-based design of these websites. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of you. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized so that assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; However, we would like to point out that in this case not all functions of this website may be able to be used to their full extent.
You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https: //tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent data collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie only applies in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
Rights of those affected
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can obtain information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a Right to complain, the origin of your data, if it was not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is carried out to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims is necessary;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data but you use it to assert your rights, need to exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transmitted to another person responsible;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time. This means that we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or work or at our office.
Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR, provided there are reasons for doing so. which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implement without specifying a special situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When visiting our website, we use the common SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is usually 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the bottom status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our Safety measures become according to the technological Development ongoing improved .
Currentness and changes to this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and is dated May 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and offers on it or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at https://www.jlkeedy.net/data-privacy.html.